Friday, July 11, 2008

The Past 6 Months

Snowboarding at either Honouki Daira or Arkopia

Snowy Shrine

Big Geisha

Opening Ceremony

Sakura

Karakuri

High School girls doing ... well, they're doing something!

Expensive fruit ($20 Watermelon, $30 Cantaloupe)

Me in Kamioka

One of the 48 waterfalls in Kokufu

A street in Furukawa

Koi streamers

These are found in front of almost all the houses in the Hida region. When I first got here I thought to myself: wow, these people have a lot of medical waste! Yeah, that's not what they're for. I'm not going to tell you what these they are used for, although if you can read kanji then you've already figured it out. Happy guessing!

Making Hoba-zushi at my taiko-sensei's house.

How cute is this!

Mary Poppins, I mean me, with two of my Jr.High students

Gifts from the staff and students of Iwataki Elementary School

Sunset from my balcony

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, hello, Mary Poppins.

Anonymous said...

Do they guarantee the melon? The town looks so amazing.

Unknown said...

Cool bloggerisms! Funny! And you take really good photos! And I like your dinky car!