Friday, August 04, 2006

Hullo, I'm off to Japan

Hullo everyone - I leave for Japan this Saturday. Wow, time flies. Thank you to everyone who came to my goodbye party and who sent me cards etc. It's all extremely appreciated!

Currently I'm busy trying to pack and sort through boxes and scan photos and other fun things, so, in lieu of a real post with any sort of decent content I'm just going to post some totally random photos.


The sky at the cottage

Last night in Uxbridge before the storm - rather ominous wouldn't you say?


Me and Devin (a few years ago)

Me and Devin (a few weeks ago)


Kita watch where you're sniffing!

Some of the Toronto JET group on a boat cruise back in June

My 'Good bye' party cake: that's my middle name 'Terumi' in Japanese characters

Family portrait up at the cottage


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage!
I just checked out some websites on Takayama. Wow! What a perfect place for you, WEM. They call it "The town that time forgot." It's a pioneer village.

And it says it's in the "Japanese Alps". Cool. Er, very cool. Apparently it snows a lot. But you're used to that.

I read some comments about the "touristy" nature of the town, but it seems many of the tourists are Japanese. So that's not so bad. And all those years at the pioneer village should serve you well. Will you buy yourself a historic costume?

Anyway. I'll be sure to check out your blog regularly. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Here's to Great Beginnings!

love and hugs ..... Nan....

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin, great pictures and story telling. I am glad you are there safe and sound. Love Aunt Pat

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and the story telling. Love Auntie Pat

Anonymous said...

Hey,
give me a call if you are ever having a Lost in Translation moment.....I'll understand if the Temples make you feel nothing...

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin!

I will have to spend more time looking at your blog, but I CAN'T wait to come visit! It looks awesome!
Do you have an email address?

Talk to you soon:)

Hugs,

Chantal