Thursday, September 07, 2006

The exhaustion, the dampness

I am sooo tired. Exhausted. One step away from being the Living Dead. Ever since I've arrived I've been going, going, going and it's finally caught up with me. I need sleep. And coffee.

The weather has changed. On the first day of September it suddenly became cooler, I kid you not. I've taken out the matching duvet to my futon and am partially closing my windows and doors at night. I'm wearing sweatshirts - during the day! The past few days have been rainy, and my school is damp. My second period class smelled like daikon.

Went to my first Japanese lessons last night with a lovely woman named Noriko, and my friend who is another new ALT. Noriko is excellent, and at what works out to be $8.00/hour, is a steal. I desperately need these lessons; I really need structure when studying.

Tomorrow is my school's Sports Day. I will take pictures and explain it all later.

Jya

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Erin, teaching will totally wipe you out. I remember when I came home from my first day of practice teaching in Melbourne - I fell asleep, fully dressed, as soon as I got home at four and didn't wake up until nine. And of course the change of seasons doesn't help either. Hang in there - get some sleep during the week and dream of Japanese sheep.

Anonymous said...

When demanding Sleep and Coffee, be sure to employ them in the correct order, or badness occurs.