Thursday, November 09, 2006

Two Weekends Ago, Part I

Two weekends ago I went to Kyoto. To be honest, I wasn't impressed with the city of Kyoto itself - it was just a huge expanse of concrete sprall - but the temples and gardens were beautiful. I also met up with some old friends from Toronto, and made some new ones too, so all-in-all, it was a great weekend.


The Market:

I took the early bus from Takayama on the Friday and had pretty much the entire day to myself. This is the first place I went to: Nishiki Market. It was almost entirely devoted to food, and I left entirely devoted to it. Yum!

A market stall selling... tsukemono, I think. (Japanese pickles) Ange, you would fall in love with this place.


Temples and Shrines:

This shrine was off to the side of a busy shopping arcade.





Gardens:




A wedding!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.